Attorney General William Barr told reporters this Monday that 21 Saudi Arabian air cades were sent back to their home country. An investigation into the Florida naval base shooting last month has found that of those 21 Saudi cadets, 17 had posted “jihadi or anti-American content” on social media. 15 of the Saudi Cadets “had some kind of contact with child pornography”, mostly “cases posted in a chat room by someone else or received over social media,” said Barr.
The US canceled the training schemes for the 21 Saudi cadets and sent them to their home country on monday. The investigation into Mohammed Alsharamni, the Saudi national that shot and killed 3 sailors and injured 8 others at the US naval base in Pensacola, Florida, in december, uncovered “no evidence of assistance or pre-knowledge of the attack by other members of the Saudi military, or any other foreign nationals, who are training in the U.S., we did learn of derogatory material possessed by 21 members of the Saudi military who are training here,” reported Barr.
“Saudi Arabia determined that this material demonstrated conduct unbecoming an officer in the Saudi Royal Air Force and Royal Navy and the 21 cadets have been dis-enrolled from their training curriculum in the U.S. military and will be returning to Saudi Arabia,” added Barr.
“The evidence shows that the shooter was motivated by jihadist ideology. He also posted other anti-American, anti-Israeli, and jihadi messages on social media, and did so two hours before his attack at the naval base.”
Latest posts by Olivia Baxter (see all)
- China Confirms Coronavirus Also Infectious During Incubation Period - January 26, 2020
- President Trump: Peace plan for the Middle East Made Public Before Tuesday - January 24, 2020
- No Deal on Biden-Bolton “Witness exchange” - January 24, 2020